[Kde-games-devel] State of games

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:02:55 CEST 2006

On 8/9/06, Mauricio Piacentini <mauricio at tabuleiro.com> wrote:
> *lots of good stuff*

I've pretty much came to the same conclusions myself, but I'm not sure
this is the perfect time to try and tackle things. Basically, I was
looking at the KDE 4.1 timeframe for an overhauled kdegames, unless we
suddenly get a bunch of new developers working with the module. I've
got a few ideas for some stuff we could throw into libkdegames which
is where I think we could manufacture the most growth. I was waiting
until 4.0 started slowing down a bit to bring it up and see what
Kulow's plans are for kdegames into the future.

Of course, I am in no way trying to dissuade excited developers from
doing anything that they want to now. By all means do whatever you
feel is enjoyable! I just don't think kdegames is going to attract
general attention until 4.0 is out the door and people have a place in
which to play these games. Judging from some comments Thiago has made
I have a sneaky suspicion that soon after kdelibs and kdebase start
showing some stability he's going to start pushing hard for a KDE4
release and if he does so I plan on backing the idea.

As with everything else, I guess we'll just have to see how things go.