[Kde-games-devel] status of kdegames/libkdegames/highscore

Heinrich Wendel h_wendel at cojobo.net
Tue Jun 14 21:42:23 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:06, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I've had a look at the patches, have not applied any, but i assume that if
> you are sending them here you have tested them at least a bit.
>
> All patches seem good except:
>  - Using kapp->random() is "strange", one expects static functions to ke
> KApplication::random(), that is just a comment, the patch can go in without
> having this changed.

I just looked for a random() function in kde and found this example in a few
other applications so I used it.

>  - About the lower() removal Nicolas Hadacek has answered this in a mail i
> sent him to ask about why they were there:
>
> "
> I think it is
> so that two nicknames should differ more than being upper/lower
> case... it is especially true for the online highscores I think. The
> easy change would be to store locally the given nickname but to send
> over the netword or to compare only the lower case nicknamed... I'll
> try to find time to check that.
> "
>
> So yeah, it is a problem that when you type "Foo Bar" you get "foo bar" in
> the hs dialog, but i am with Nicolas that in online games there should be a
> case unsensitive comparision of nicknames.

Makes sense. The attached patch fixes that. It also takes care if the default
user name is already given.

PS: The patches are standard diff -Naur patches.

PS2: Related bugs on bugs.kde.org are:

#76437,#55175,#78341: They are all about a system wide highscore system, we
already have them, so they can be closed.

#103116: This one is about the lowercase issue
#90680: This one is about the default username

mfg, heinrich