[Kde-games-devel] New project Nang Kar

A. Sopicki nangkar at gmx.info
Fri Aug 26 08:08:00 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 25.08.2005, 21:02 -0500 schrieb Henry Miller:
> Maybe you already know this, but I find many people your age have not
yet
> learned the hardway how important good version control with backups
are.
> Even if your code isn't functional, it is often helpful to have the
version
> control history for your own use, not to mention you have the ability
> recover from a (drunken) fit of bad code should that happen to you.
I'v been using CVS for a while but SVN is way better. It's really handy
to have access to an old version of the code.

> The advantage of a public server is someone else might get interested
before your
> code is useable and help your out.   The disadvantage is they might
notice
> and help you out.
Yes, that's exactly the problem but I think I can handle it. I wouldn't
have bothered you if I didn't want to release the code to the public :)
It's always a good idea to have someone else looking at the code because
everyone else will have a different point of view. I just have to set up
a small webpage, maybe a wiki (or use one from KDE), and write some
documentation first.

Alex