[Kde-games-devel] New project Nang Kar

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Aug 26 04:02:44 CEST 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 10:51 am, A. Sopicki wrote:
> > Everyone is accepted into KDE SVN, the "difficult" part is beign accepted
> > into kdegames package but if not you can always release separately as k3b
> > and amarok do, both of them are hosted on KDE SVN and neither are
> > released whith official kde packages.
>
> Ok, I'll get an SVN account when I'm ready to make an initial release of
> the code. There are other things which need to be done first.

fine, but please keep setup a local SVN (there are many good version control
packages, some might be better for you - don't read this as an endorsement of
SVN) repository on your own system (doesn't need to be accessable by anyone
but you), and back this up regularly.

Maybe you already know this, but I find many people your age have not yet
learned the hardway how important good version control with backups are.
Even if your code isn't functional, it is often helpful to have the version
control history for your own use, not to mention you have the ability to
recover from a (drunken) fit of bad code should that happen to you.

KDE will do this for you, which is why we recommend an account, but there is
no reason you can't do it yourself.  (or use sourceforge if you life)   The
advantage of a public server is someone else might get interested before your
code is useable and help your out.   The disadvantage is they might notice
and help you out.