[Kde-games-devel] New project Nang Kar

A. Sopicki nangkar at gmx.info
Thu Aug 25 14:47:35 CEST 2005

Hi!

I'm currently working on a new Multiplayergame and I use C++ and QT/KDE
for programming so I thought you might be interested in what I'm going
to do.

The game is called Nang Kar which is a game similar to the famous Magic
- The Gathering trading card game. You have a deck of 50 to 75 cards and
you play against one or more opponents. Your goal is to reduce the
hitpoints of your opponents to zero before they do the same to you. You
can either use your weapons or use special cards which have an enemy
player as a target.

There will be three different parties to choose and each of them has
special cards which are not available to the other parties and they
represent three different types of gameplay.

There's much work to do until the game is finished because for now it
just has the ability to do some ingame chatting. This is my first
project with C++ and I had to get used to some features of the language
and QT. Next thing I'll be adding is the set up of a new game 1vs1
though support for teamgames is already on the todolist.

Some infos about myself:

Name: Alexander Sopicki
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Age: 25
Occupation: study computer science

I would like to know if the KDE community would be interested in a game
like that or not. If you have any questions about the details of the
game feel free to ask me. So far I'm looking forward to your answer.

Alex