[Kde-games-devel] Release of KsirK 1.3 beta2

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Aug 17 11:45:39 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I'm very happy to announce the realease of the second network playable version
of KsirK !

Get it at:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=21450

This is beta but all network features are implemented, extended testing needs
to be done. Since beta1, the followings have been completed:

 * Networked i18n
 * Load and save in network mode (with password for network players)
 * IA working in network mode
 * Local and network playing;
 * List of available countries is updated and checked;
 * Player identification flag is updated.
 * No more default skin only;
 * No more crash on client disconnect;

!!! WARNING !!!
 To compile KsirK1.3beta2, you have to patch a file in the libkdegames/kgame
library. A version of the patched file is given in the kgame-patch directory
of the distribution. If you don't know how to do that, maybe should you wait
for a corrected kdegames package or for binary distributions of KsirK.

 If you can try network game with distant computers, please let me know !

 KsirK still needs YOU ! I'd like to receive:
 - comments;
 - bug reports (well, I wouldn't like but they would be useful !);
 - help for better graphics ;
 - code if you'd like.

 Happy World Conquest !

 Kleag

 KsirK is a strategy game inspired by the well known game Risk. It runs under
KDE or any Linux system with the KDE libs and is released under the GPL . In
the current beta version, KsirK is a multi-player network-enabled game with a
simple AI. Planned future versions will have a better AI and more
enhancements (see the web site in the distribution for details).

 Build and installation instructions are on the web site. The user manual is
also on the web site. It has not been updated since previous 1.0 version but
should be usable in its present state.

--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer