[Kde-games-devel] Potential trademark issues: ktron, ksokoban, kbattleship not in Fedora Core

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 21:07:05 CEST 2005

--- Andreas Beckermann <b_mann at gmx.de> wrote:
> Could you contact the FC4 package maintainer again and ask him if he ever let
> the authors of these games know about this? And if not - why not?
> I cannot remember any notice concerning trademarks on existing games on
> kde-games-devel since its creation at least.

I did ask the current maintainer (Than Ngo), and was told that "I presume
Preston Brown has already done this." (Preston Brown removed ktron and
battleship from the package back in 2002).

> I propose we rename all three games in order to avoid legal problems. This is

> especially important, as they actually _are_ clones of the games the
> trademark applies to (they don't "just have the same name").

Renaming would be the obvious easy fix if there was indeed a genuine trademark
concern here -- which looks to be at least a possibility (IANAL and all that).

-- Matt