[Kde-games-devel] Potential trademark issues: ktron, ksokoban, kbattleship not in Fedora Core

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Tue Aug 2 20:36:43 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 20:24, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Well.... so you mean
>
> http://www.pimpernel.com/sokoban/
> http://www.sourcecode.se/sokoban/
> http://www.stronggames.com/msokoban.php
> http://www.afunzone.com/sokoban/Sokoban.htm
> http://www.billybear4kids.com/games/online/sokoban/Sokoban.htm
>
> Are paying to use that trademark?

No. I think they are lucky not get sued yet :)

> Sokoban and battleship are common names and common traditional games.

I don't know about sokoban, but I disagree definitely with battelship. This
_is_ a registered trademark on _exactly_ this type of game. So if you think
this trademark is not valid (anymore) as it is "commonly used", then get a
lawyer and make sure the trademark gets deleted.
Otherwise I think we should change the name.

> Ktron might be different, but imho the movie is different enough from our
> game.

There was an arcade game named tron, too, according to google.

> Albert

CU
Andi