[Kde-games-devel] Design of Qt and/or KGame based programs, part 1

Burkhard Lehner Burkhard.Lehner at gmx.de
Mon Sep 27 15:43:09 CEST 2004

Hello to all the happy developers!

As for my opinion to the naming question:
I for myself don't use any special prefix such as "slot...". I think slots
are just simple methods. Their only difference is, that they can be
connected to a signal.

So I think it is best to name a slot just after what he does. So in my eyes
it is absolutely okay to call the slot "updateScore()" or something like
that. If one really needs to know if a method is a slot, he just has to look
into the header file or into the doxygen generated documentation of the
class.

Just my 2 €-cent.

Burkhard

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl