[Kde-games-devel] Icon for "show possible moves"

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Oct 17 23:20:46 CEST 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 20.51, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Sunday 17 October 2004 12:34pm, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > >
> > > Make it a toggle action, please. Otherwise game logic will have to
> > > control the view property..
> >
> > I didn't quite understand that.  Could you elaborate?
>
> If it is singleshot, games will have to reset the "show possible moves"
> again after a turn, or token movement/placement, right? With a toggle
> option, such logic won't be necessary because it's the user who decides
> when to stop showing the possible moves.

Right.  I agree with you that a toggle action is best.

> Right, I was aiming at a generic icon that could be attached to a
> KStdGame(Toggle)Action, not something for a single game.

Good.  And while you're at it, are there any other new standard actions that
should be created?

I can only think of a few:
 - Stop the clock (for later when I implement a chess clock)
 - Restart the clock

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |