[Kde-games-devel] Re: Competitive and leisurely play

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Aug 18 00:13:09 CEST 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Inge Wallin (myself) wrote:

(about kreversi making mistakes on purpose):

> So I have an idea to fix this that I would like some feedback upon.
>
> The idea is that we should augment the game settings with a radion button
> with two different settings.  The first setting would be "casual play",
> where the computer can miss good moves in the same way as today.  The
> other would be "competitive play" when the computer would play as good as
> it can.  This setting would be in addition to the current strength
> setting, which basically determines the search depth for the alpha-beta
> search.
>
> I also think that only games played competitively should go into the
> highscore table.
>
> Comments?

Well, since nobody had any objections, I think that I will just go ahead
and implement it.  Speak now or forever hold your peace!

	-Inge

PS.
I have just completed a big code cleaning of KReversi.  It is not perfect,
but at least the files are much easier to understand and use approximately
the same coding style.  And last, but not least, this has been a good way
to get to know the code.

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |