[Kde-games-devel] Patch for bug #51124 (kmahjongg)

Dave Corrie kde at davecorrie.com
Tue May 27 17:55:49 CEST 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 11:49 am, Médéric BOQUIEN wrote:
> A corrected patch is attached to this email. I hope i didn't let a
> stupid mistake again this time.

I committed a slightly modified version of your patch to HEAD. I only
made really minor modifications:

* I initialised the 'showHelp' variable in the constructor (just good
practice).

* Variables of type 'bool' should be assigned values of 'true' and
'false' instead of 'TRUE' and 'FALSE' (despite what it says in the QT
docs). 'bool', 'true' and 'false' are part of the C++ language, whereas
'BOOL', 'TRUE' and 'FALSE' are not.

* There's no need to test if (timer->isActive()) before calling
timer->stop().

Thanks for the patch! You might also like to fix this in KDE_3_1_BRANCH
so that it will be fixed in KDE 3.1.3 as well as KDE 3.2...

> I've noticed the source code is quite messy (lines not aligned
> correctly) is it ok to produce a patch only to make it look better?

I have also noticed the indentation is quite messy! Such patches are ok
provided that this is the only this the patch does (e.g. don't combine
re-formatting with bug fixes). See:
http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html#21

If you're planning to continue to produce patches. You should request
write access to cvs so that you can commit them yourself:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q8
(you can still send patches to the mailing list for review first, if you
like).

--
Dave