[Kde-games-devel] KHighscore locking mechanism

Nicolas Hadacek nicolas.hadacek at comcast.net
Tue May 13 08:52:42 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 04:33 am, Andi Peredri wrote:
> On Thursday 08 May 2003 21:45, Ricardo Cruz wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> >  I think it would be great to have a library for global high scores.
> >  But I think you should do a Qt independent library, so that it could be
> > used for others games made in others libraries.
> >
> >  What do you think?
>
> Use libhs (The HighScore Library).

libhs seems much too simple to replace the KDE infracstructure ... and I am
not sure how well maintained and portable it is.

to answer the first mail, I have no time to make a general purpose highscore
library ; moreover lots of things can be made more general in KDE and not
depending on Qt (ioslaves, html engine, control center, ...) but you have
reinvent the wheel everytime and it would demand a huge undertaking for no
significant gain imho.

see you,
Nicolas