[Kde-games-devel] Re: REKO cardsets for KDE cardgames?

blachner at gmx.de blachner at gmx.de
Thu Jun 12 12:29:08 CEST 2003

> I personnaly don't see the problem of adding new methods to KCardDialog.
If I add new methods, wouldn't this break binary compatibility? As far as I
know yes. Maybe I know wrong or I should better make KAdvancedCardDialog
which inherits from KCardDialog to achieve binary compatibility?

Source compatibility would be no problem.

> Returning QImage instead of filename seems more sensible to me. Using
> directly KIO would be even more flexible.
Hmm, I prefer the QImage way but I don't know much about KIO. If KIO should
be used, the kcarddialog must give back a KIO URL I think. I don't know if
KIO URL is the right word for this. That also means that the card games must
use KIO instead normal file access to load the cards. Is this right?

Maybe a combination is the best way? That means I write a KIO slave for REKO
cardset and the kcarddialog uses this slave to give QImages back to the
games. If it is done this way, the games need not access the cards over KIO
directly and other card formats can be implemeted as KIO slaves.

blachner at gmx.de