[Kde-games-devel] Re: Incomplete Information and KGame

Martin Heni kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:07:34 +0100

>So does the silence mean that it's not possible to hide information and
>still stay within the KGame properties framework?  Or that I missed an
>obvious part of the docs?

A property can be set to three different modes. If it is set
to the local one (PolicyLocal), it is not transmitted over the network
(but still saved). This is probably what you want.

It is also of course possible to have "normal c/c++" variables
in your player code. You only have to add them to the load
save streams (which is easily possible) of the player to
get them to a save file if you want it. Using normal variables
you can implement any level of security you want.

>I really want to use KGame to get multiplayer play, but not if it means
>players will be able to cheat by modifying the client.

If you think the lib lacks features it certainly is possible that
you incorporate code into it. It cannot be assumed that it is
perfect right now.

More info on
http://www.heni-online.de/libkdegames/kgamedoc/index.html

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask. However,
lack of time might delay answers a bit!