[Kde-games-devel] KGoldRunner is breaking kdegames

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat Aug 30 01:38:01 CEST 2003

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 08:24:03AM +1000, Ian Wadham wrote:
> If there are any further compilation problems, please could someone else
> help out.  I am unfamiliar with the structure and compilation procedures
> of kdegames.  All files are the same as they were in kdenonbeta (I've done
> a diff), except for the SUBDIRS lines and one src/Makefile.am line
> relating to "KGoldrunner.desktop" which sysadmin changed (I don't
> know why --- what is "xdg"?).

Some controversial freedesktop.org indexing scheme that KDE adopted. I'm not
a huge fan of it myself, so I cannot really explain the merits of it to you
other than it being a "standard". Ask Waldo Bastian <bastian at kde.org> I
suppose, he introduced support for it into KDE.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."