[Kde-games-devel] Re: Needing help to release KGoldrunner

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Aug 18 09:12:38 CEST 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 11:00:13AM +0200, Martin Heni wrote:
> I CC this mail to Andi and Rob. Maybe they convince me that my doubts
> about the graphics are not so severe. In any case, I think you with your
> skills would be a welcomed addition to the kdegames team.

Look at the rest of KDE games: graphics are simply not the expertise of
coders and KDE's "artists" seem to be motivated only to make icons for the
main applications - and even then only maintain those two months a year, so
we're simply out of luck here.

Also, that old 8-bit Atari look has something charming.. and I don't think
it'd break freeze policies to upgrade artwork for a game in a stable release
either, assuming only PNGs are changed and no code. So it could still be
enhanced for 3.2.1 and onwards.

I'm still supportive of inclusion.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."