[Kde-games-devel] Re: Needing help to release KGoldrunner

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Aug 18 09:04:33 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:41:06PM +1000, Ian Wadham wrote:
> I am sorry to put pressure on you, but I am trying to make up lost time.
> I just had not noticed the KDE 3.2 freeze date approaching ... :-(
>
> I only need to get a foot in the KDE 3.2 door before 1 Sept.  The final
> release is scheduled for 8 Dec.  I have no plans to add any features
> or change any messages between now and then --- just fix bugs and
> KDE standards compliance issues (and maybe improve the graphics).
> There should be plenty of time available for that before and after
> 1 Sept and I do not see any real danger.

Add the list of planned changes to the feature list now, you can still work
on them until September 29th (that's six more weeks) and message changes can
occur until November 3rd.

> I'll be very interested in their comments.

I'm still not fond of distributing the levels in one tar, that's not really
how KDE usually handles its installation.. it should be possible to do so
more nicely without requiring manual editing for every new level added.

Graphics do look a bit "old", but the game plays just fine and I couldn't
discover anything I'd consider a showstopper. :)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."