[Kde-games-devel] Is it too late to get KGoldrunner into KDE 3.2?

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Thu Aug 7 04:07:14 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:12:41AM +1000, Ian Wadham wrote:
> I have just been looking at the schedule for KDE 3.2 and I see
> they are starting to freeze on 1st Sept.  Is it too late for me to
> think of getting KGoldrunner v2 into KDE 3.2?

Since the current freeze policy doesn't distinguish features from full
applications, if so no reason not if your applications falls into the KDE
guidelines.

It looks to me like the docbook conversion could easily be done in time and
it looks like you're willing to make any necessary code changes to KDEify,
so that's all reasonable.

The i18n strings might be the biggest problem, as a full application
probably brings a large amount of new strings for the translators, but again
the current policy doesn't seem to take this into account, so go for it!

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."