[Kde-games-devel] Re: A New Game for KDE (3.1?)

Ian Wadham kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:28:48 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephan Binner <Stephan.Binner@gmx.de>
To: <kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 9:24 PM
Subject: [Kde-games-devel] Re: A New Game for KDE (3.1?)

> It's not identical to http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~grisu/kgoldrunner/ ?
> Better choose another name, above is well known und spread since 2000.

Not quite identical ... :-) ...  It is the next version of KGoldrunner ---
v1.0 for KDE 1 or KDE2.

The one at http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~grisu/kgoldrunner/  is v0.3 for
KDE 1 only.  I have enhanced it with the consent of the original author
Marco Krüger (aka grisu) and was exchanging emails with him
for many months, but have heard nothing from him since January.  If
anybody knows where he is, please let me know.  I am getting
worried about him.

The new version has many new features, over 150 new levels and
is controlled by mouse (like a joystick), rather than keyboard.  Marco's
graphics and animation are more or less unchanged, but there is a new
game engine based on the original Apple II version of Lode Runner,
as well as Marco's original engine.  KGoldrunner is now fully
documented (in English) and has a Tutorial game.  Naturally I
acknowledge and honour Marco's work, the excellent foundation
upon which I have built.

Ian Wadham