[Kde-games-devel] A New Game for KDE (3.1?)

Rob Kaper kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:19:32 +0100

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 07:05:20PM +1100, Ian Wadham wrote:
> I cannot convert to Qt 3 now, because it will be a lot of work.
> Trolltech have changed a lot of stuff at the QWidget and QPainter
> level that impacts KGoldrunner heavily.  I wish they wouldn't
> do that.  I have some sort of version running with Qt 3, but I
> have had to work around clashes between Qt2 shared libraries,
> used by KDE 2 library and Qt 3 libraries used by KGoldrunner.
> So I am reluctant to release that version.
>
> I hope you can point me in the right direction.

1) Make a good KDE2 release.
2) Put the application in our kdenonbeta module where it can mature (and get
   ported to Qt3/KDE3) and tested before it qualifies for kdegames
   inclusion.
3) When the time is right, add it to the 3.1 or 3.2 feature plan so it can
   be moved to kdegames when appropriate.

If you're serious about your game (and KDE inclusion), kdenonbeta is the way
to go. However, to ship with new versions of KDE, you will have to undergo
the Qt3/KDE3 port some time.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."