[Kde-games-devel] Kpat's CVS HEAD Version Now Uses the Latest Freecell Solver (fwd)

Shlomi Fish kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:45:02 +0200 (IST)

I'm forwarding here a message I sent to the Freecell Solver mailing list,
regarding some changes I made to kpat.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:24:37 +0200 (IST)
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il>
To: Freecell Solver <fc-solve-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Kpat's CVS HEAD Version Now Uses the Latest Freecell Solver

The kpat in the KDE CVS HEAD now includes the code of Freecell Solver
2.8.x (slightly modified to compile and run well). I hard-coded the
"good-intentions" preset there, and converted the code to user instance
recycling, so the command line options won't be parsed time and again.

Other than that, I also made kpat be able to deal all the first 2G
Freecell Pro deals, instead of its internal limit to 32,000.

I now see that kpat has an kpatrc file, which I can use to save some
configuration parameters. I think it would be a good idea to store an
internal states limit, instead of keeping it hard-coded to 120,000. It
might also be a good idea to be able to specify a command line preset.

These enhancements won't make it to KDE 3.1 (which is in a feature freeze
now), but they should in KDE 3.2 or KDE 3.1.1 - I'm not very familiar with
the KDE strategy for this.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il