Black screen with plasma 5.20.0

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Fri Oct 16 00:00:56 BST 2020

Hi,

On 10/15/20 3:26 PM, Tobias C. Berner wrote:
> Can you make sure that both plasma5-plasma-workspace and
> plasma5-plasma-desktop are installed?
> A file moved between the two packages, which might lead to pkg
> removing one of them during the upgrade.

installing plasma5-plasma-desktop fixes the problem, but I think it was
no due to a bad upgrade:

# grep ^kde-plasma-desktop /usr/ports/Mk/Uses/kde.mk
kde-plasma-desktop_PORT=        x11/plasma5-plasma-desktop
kde-plasma-desktop_PATH=        ${KDE_PREFIX}/bin/krdb
# pkg which /usr/local/bin/krdb
/usr/local/bin/krdb was installed by package plasma5-plasma-workspace-5.20.0

 From what I understand, plasma5-plasma does not pull
plasma5-plasma-desktop, since it is looking for bin/krdb, which is
provided by plasma5-plasma-workspace. Maybe you want to change
Mk/Uses/kde.mk to something like:

kde-plasma-desktop_PATH=        ${KDE_PREFIX}/bin/kaccess

Cheers,
Jan Henrik