qt5-widgets fails to build

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun May 31 15:47:06 BST 2020

On Sunday, 31 May 2020 11:04:13 CEST Tobias C. Berner wrote:
> Moin moin
>
> Are all your Qt5-ports up to date?
>

> mfg Tobias
>
> On Sun, 31 May 2020 at 11:02, Chris Nicol <nicolc at uleth.ca> wrote:
> > Dear "kde"
> >
> > I am tring to build //usr/ports/graphics/xpdf, a simple programme,
> > apparently, which calls for the build of x11-toolkits/qt5-widgets, for
> > which you are maintainer according to the Makefile:
> >
> > # $FreeBSD: head/x11-toolkits/qt5-widgets/Makefile 531601 2020-04-13
> > 12:35:58Z tcberner $
> >
> > This build is on a SunBlade 100 running FreeBSD 12.1. This is an old
> > machine, so the build goes on for some time, but results in a failure at
> > the linker stage - "undefined reference to QAbstractSlider", with the
> > following crash dump file:

> > /usr/local/bin/ld: qabstractscrollarea.cpp:(.text+0xeb0): undefined
> > reference to `QAbstractSlider::setInvertedAppearance(bool)'
> > /usr/local/bin/ld: qabstractscrollarea.cpp:(.text+0xeb8): undefined
> > reference to `QAbstractSlider::invertedControls() const'
> > /usr/local/bin/ld: qabstractscrollarea.cpp:(.text+0xec4): undefined

I'll second Tobias's comment: Qt is tricky to update when building ports by
hand or with portmaster. So you should update all of them together -- and for
ports builds, that often means "remove them, build, then install again". That
said, QAbstractSlider (which is most of your linker errors) has been around
*forever* so that's one I would expect to exist in any QtGui .. wait, it's
supposed to be in Widgets itself.

I'm going to step back a little and suggest this:
 - remove any existing qt5widgets ports / packages that are installed
 - build *just* qt5widgets and install it
 - then get back to xpdf

[ade]

PS. Gosh, there's still Sun hardware in southern Alberta?