Missing time in panel

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Jun 24 09:29:47 BST 2020

On Monday, 22 June 2020 18:38:57 CEST Jeremy wrote:
> And voila! You guys saved me about two days of chasing my tail. Creating
> the symbolic link for /etc/localtime to the Chicago time zone in
> /use/share/zoneinfo fixed the issue. Now the time and date are properly
> displayed on the panel and in the sddm greeter.

Jeremy, the code in Qt is *supposed* to fall back as follows:

 - if /etc/localtime is a symlink, read the link iteself, extract name
 - if it isn't, read contents of /var/db/localtime for the name
 - otherwise, UTC or blank or something

Can you take a look at your /var/db/localtime? What's in it?

[ade]

PS. That said, I do wonder how this code does in the face of 3-level zone
names, like America/Indiana/Winamac