Global Menu Integration

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Feb 4 14:31:57 GMT 2020

On Monday, 3 February 2020 13:35:45 CET Alexander Boehmler wrote:
> However, applications that are neither KDE nor Gnome3, such as the ones
> from Libre Office and VSCode (Code - OSS) do not integrate global menu
> under FreeBSD and have the menu in their own windows. Under Kubuntu, they
> do integrate with the global menu and I would love them to do the same
> under FreeBSD.

There's various bits-and-pieces used by other applications to integrate with
the global menu, and that's probably what's breaking this up:

 - https://launchpad.net/libdbusmenu for gtk applications, maybe
 - libappindicator
 - LibreOffice has its own special thing

So it is largely a matter of "something is missing but we don't know what
exactly".

[ade]