Global Menu Integration

Alexander Boehmler alexanderboehmler at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 3 12:35:45 GMT 2020

Deer KDE/FreeBSD team,

In addition to using Kubuntu, I am now also running KDE5 on FreeBSD 12.1 (I
installed the metaport x11/kde5) and it's working great. I want to
congratulate you all on an amazing job.

There is just one point I would like to ask about. I am using a Mac theme
with global menu, and on FreeBSD, both KDE apps and Gnome3 apps integrate
very well with the global menu.

However, applications that are neither KDE nor Gnome3, such as the ones
from Libre Office and VSCode (Code - OSS) do not integrate global menu
under FreeBSD and have the menu in their own windows. Under Kubuntu, they
do integrate with the global menu and I would love them to do the same
under FreeBSD.

Have you encountered this problem before? If you know a way to fix it, I
would greatly appreciate more information.

Thank you in advance,

Alexander Boehmler