battery icon in the panel && battery life time

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jun 24 21:34:10 BST 2019

El día domingo, junio 23, 2019 a las 06:42:05p. m. +0200, Adriaan de Groot escribió:

> On Sunday, 23 June 2019 13:24:08 CEST Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the panel there is a small battery icon. When I unplug the power, it says
> > on mouse over '5:04 Remaining (100%)' the value is correct, more or less
> > what the 5:04 hours regards. But, how the KDE gets to know this? The ACPI
> > only says the percentage, and not the life time:
>
> The information comes from powerdevil and/or Solid, You can try it from the
> command line in a Plasma session (when powerdevil is running):
>
> qdbus local.org_kde_powerdevil  /org/kde/Solid/PowerManagement batteryRemainingTime

Thanks for the reply. The above command gives the remaining time in ms
(when the battery is discharging) or 0 (when AC is attached).

> I think that goes into the upower backend for solid to get actual power
> information, and from there .. you might want to ask in general KDE channels
> (e.g. on IRC in #kde on Freenode) or start chasing through the stack yourself.

I tried to bring up another issue in #kde at chat.freenode.net: The
unlock screen has no stars or dots when typing the password to unlock,
but got no response, or missed the response because I have no time to
follow all the chatting there all day long to see if it contains a response to my
question. Is this really meant to substitute support by mail? If so, bad
times are upraising :-(

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
May, 9: Спаси́бо освободители! Thank you very much, Russian liberators!