battery icon in the panel && battery life time

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Jun 23 17:42:05 BST 2019

On Sunday, 23 June 2019 13:24:08 CEST Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the panel there is a small battery icon. When I unplug the power, it says
> on mouse over '5:04 Remaining (100%)' the value is correct, more or less
> what the 5:04 hours regards. But, how the KDE gets to know this? The ACPI
> only says the percentage, and not the life time:

The information comes from powerdevil and/or Solid, You can try it from the
command line in a Plasma session (when powerdevil is running):

qdbus local.org_kde_powerdevil  /org/kde/Solid/PowerManagement
batteryRemainingTime

I think that goes into the upower backend for solid to get actual power
information, and from there .. you might want to ask in general KDE channels
(e.g. on IRC in #kde on Freenode) or start chasing through the stack yourself.

[ade]