moving from KDE4 to KDE5

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Mon Jun 17 14:50:47 BST 2019

Hi Matthias,

If I'm not using sddm, I use the following in my .xinitrc for kf5:

exec ck-launch-session startkde

There are advantages, I've found, to having ConsoleKit invoked.

As for poudriere, doing a bulk build on x11/kde5 should pull in everything you
need. I use poudriere all the time with that entry in my build file.

Cheers,
DMK