moving from KDE4 to KDE5

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jun 17 11:12:38 BST 2019

Hello,

I'm moving on FreeBSD CURRENT with ports tree as of June 10 from KDE4 to
KDE5 for the first time. I've compiled ~2000 ports with poudriere, for the
KDE5 I just let it compile 'x11/kde5' and all its dependencies. Is this
enough to get KDE5 on the screen or do I miss essentials ports?

In KDE4 I started the desktop with the 'startx' command and a correct
~/.xinitrc as:

exec /usr/local/bin/startkde

and as well the file ~/.xserverrc as:

exec X -retro -logverbose 6 -listen

Will the same work for KDE5? Can someone please point me to a good
documentation for experienced FreeBSD and KDE4 user, but KDE5 dummies, like me?

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
May, 9: Спаси́бо освободители! Thank you very much, Russian liberators!