qt5-core not building

Andrew Hamilton-Wright andrew.hamilton-wright at uoguelph.ca
Fri Oct 26 21:37:24 BST 2018

As it happens, I do use synth for port management.  That does not solve the problem.  In fact, it was problems in synth build that let me to look into this issue in the first place.

What is clear to me is that the port installation of qt5 as it exists on my machine is broken, as it cannot be built from the port itself, which is, I note the recommended way of doing things as described in the FreeBSD manual.

The machine is up to date.  When building, I see the 5.11.2 version number for QT being reported at multiple points, however the build itself is getting the old version information from somewhere.

Where are these “hidden” data pieces stored?  It would be helpful to know where the clearly incorrect version numbering is coming from.

If, to do this, I do need to completely remove QT, a pointer to some instructions on how to do that would be helpful.  It does not seem to simply be the case that either port based “make deinstall” or package based delete has any effect on the problem.  Wherever the corruption is, it is not touched by these methods.

Is there a clear statement somewhere about where this information is stored?  Or additionally how to ensure that the entirety of QT is removed in order that it can be reinstalled from scratch?

Best regards,
AHW