kdepim in kf5?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Jan 10 10:55:20 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:06:08 AM EST Bengt Ahlgren wrote:
> The kmail problems sounds like they are not particular to FreeBSD, or?

They are, though. That is, only FreeBSD that we know of displays this
behavior. I have KMail with four IMAP accounts set up; two work just fine, two
don't show any messages. Local maildir doesn't work either. On the console,
the "typical" error message says "the world is about to end".

Although KMail can't read the messages, akonadiconsole can -- and it's
supposed to be using the same protocols.

I've looked at this with PIM people, nothing seems to make sense. What it
really needs is someone to sit down with it for a day or more, with gdb and
lots of printf()s both on the akonadi side and on the client side.

[ade]