KMail problem

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 13:05:02 GMT 2018

On Monday, 17 December 2018 05:01:49 CET Dwayne MacKinnon wrote:
> This weekend I upgraded to FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE, wiped out all my ports,
> upgraded my poudriere jail and then rebuilt everything. Most things are ok.
> However, I have a major problem with KMail 5.10.0 now. Every time I try to
> open one of my imap emails it segfaults and dies.

Please also check that your sysctls are set to good values: Akonadi may still
want lots of local buffer space. These are recommended:

net.local.stream.recvspace: 65536
net.local.stream.sendspace: 65536

(but first, there have been kernel fixes and these may no longer be needed and
second, the problems associated there sually manifest as can't read mail
rather than crashes)

[ade]