New development repository location.

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Jun 9 22:10:58 UTC 2017

On Friday 09 June 2017 19:40:42 Schaich Alonso wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2017 10:10:21 +0200
>
> "Tobias C. Berner" <tcberner at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Hi there
> > The main difference between the old svn repository and the new one is,
> > that
> > like gnome@ and xorg@, we now have a complete portstree. So the kdemerge
> > script previously used is obsolete -- however, this also mean, that we
> > will lag behind ports-master, which we will try to sync with every
> > weekend.
> >

> Hi and thanks for doing this.
>
> From my understanding, rather than updating the official PORTS and
> running our kdemerge script, we now merge/rebase the current HEAD of
> the PORTS into the "master" branch of our new repository to
> collection, then merge/rebase our master into the "plasma5" branch?

Almost. We follow the same workflow as the XOrg ports. See
https://community.kde.org/FreeBSD/Setup/Area51 .. which in turn points at the
workflow for XOrg.

Master is always the same as official ports, except it lags by up to a week.
Someone (i.e. tcberner) merges upstream official ports into master, every
weekend.
If you're working on a feature (e.g. cmake-3.8.1) you merge master into your
branch.

[ade]