Is there a difference between kde5 and plasma5?

Jeremy jeremy.m.cox at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:51:08 UTC 2017

Hello all,
I must say thank you for your continued efforts to port the newest version
of KDE to FreeBSD.

I'm so excited because I got it working. I used the x11/kde5 metaport.
According to the instructions, it says to use x11/plasma5-plasma. Is there
a difference between which ports will be built between using plasma5-plasma
or the kde5 metaport?

It is working pretty well, and x11/sddm was also successfully built and is
functioning well. I'm using kde5 with xorg server 1.18.4 and Nvidia. Thank
you all again for your hard work!

Regards
Jeremy Cox