How to get different wallpapers in KDE5 multiple virtual desktops ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:25:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

I yesterday tried KDE5 on my secondary box using Kubuntu Linux. KDE5
looks damn cool, even cooler than KDE4 that I use on my primary FreeBSD box.

There are a couple of places where I was unhappy :

1) There's no way to switch Applications Menu to Classic listing
2) This is the more serious glitch : the option for "Different widgets
for each desktop" has disappeared. Now multiple virtual desktops only
make sense with 2 facilities : a) the panel only shows applications from
the current desktop (this lets the panel not get cluttered too much); b)
the desktop has a unique wallpaper (this lets the desktop bear its
signature).

Is it possible to somehow get different wallpapers under the KDE5 desktops ?

Thanks for any help
Manish Jain