[kde-freebsd] loosing from time to time the desktop layout indicators

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Feb 21 10:04:18 UTC 2016

El día Saturday, February 20, 2016 a las 12:22:53PM +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> Hello,
>
> This is with KDE4 and system from CURRENT. I have configured 4 virtual
> desktops and the switching between them as:
>
>     System Settings --> Workspace Behavior -> Virtual Desktops
>
>     --> Tab Switching:
>
>     [v] Desktop navigation wraps around
>     Animation: Slide
>     Duration: 1000 msec
>     [v] Show desktop layout indicators
>
> Normally on Ctrl-Tab this cycles around the desktops and showing always
> the 4 desktops for a second in the middle of the screen as shown here:
>
> http://www.unixarea.de/kde-switcher.png
>
> >From time to time this picture in the middle of the screen gets lost and
> is only a small grey bar of the hight of the picture, but only 5-10
> pixel wide; I have to go and do a toggle of
>
>     [ ] Show desktop layout indicators
>     Apply
>     [v] Show desktop layout indicators
>     Apply
>
> To make reappear the picture.

It seems that part of the information is stored in:

[guru at c720-r292778-amd64 ~]$ fgrep -C3 1000 .kde4/share/config/kwinrc
kwin4_effect_windowgeometryEnabled=false

[Script-desktopchangeosd]
PopupHideDelay=1000
TextOnly=false

[TabBox]

I made a copy yesterday and it seems that this config file is opened for
writing(!) and modified (at least the modification time) on KDE start:

[guru at c720-r292778-amd64 ~]$ ls -l .kde4/share/config/kwinrc .kde4/share/config/kwinrc.saved
-rw-------  1 guru  wheel  1840 feb.  21 10:43 .kde4/share/config/kwinrc
-rw-------  1 guru  wheel  1840 feb.  20 13:39 .kde4/share/config/kwinrc.saved

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Bundeswehr: Wir.Dienen.Deutschland. - Wir.Machen.Krieg.  (We.Serve.Germany. - We.Make.War.)