A weird little thing on my KDE desktop

Anthony Jenkins Scoobi_doo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 16:36:41 UTC 2016

On 08/23/2016 06:11 AM, Manish Jain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to KDE (4.14 I think), and am loving its slick and highly
> functional interface.
>
> There is a weird thing on my desktop that happens when I double-click
> a couple (not all) of the desktop icons : an extra window opens up in
> the panel and mini-icon starts bobbing up and down right next to the
> mouse cursor. After about half a minute, both the dancing mini-icon
> and the extra window disappear. It's not a big thing, but I am just
> curious why this happens.
>
> It will be nice if someone could give me an insight.
>
> Regards
> Manish Jain
>

> P.S : Here are the contents of one such icon's desktop entry.
>
>  # cat terminator.desktop
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=Terminator
> Exec=/usr/local/bin/terminator
> Icon=terminator
> Type=Application

KDE4 Launch Feedback

To disable for a given icon:
1. Right-click icon and select Properties.
2. Select Application tab.
3. Click Advance Options.
4. Deselect "Enable launch feedback".

To disable all launch feedback:
1. Click K -> System Settings.
2. Click Application and System Notifications.
3. Click Launch Feedback.
4. Set Busy Cursor dropdown box to "No Busy Cursor".

--
Anthony Jenkins