A weird little thing on my KDE desktop

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:11:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am new to KDE (4.14 I think), and am loving its slick and highly functional interface.

There is a weird thing on my desktop that happens when I double-click a couple (not all) of the desktop icons : an extra window opens up in the panel and mini-icon starts bobbing up and down right next to the mouse cursor. After about half a minute, both the dancing mini-icon and the extra window disappear. It's not a big thing, but I am just curious why this happens.

It will be nice if someone could give me an insight.

Regards
Manish Jain

P.S : Here are the contents of one such icon's desktop entry.

 # cat terminator.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Terminator
Exec=/usr/local/bin/terminator