[kde-freebsd] archivers/quazip

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Sep 13 11:30:12 UTC 2015

Am Samstag, 12. September 2015, 21:06:42 schrieben Sie:
> Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> writes:
> > While fiddling with qcad which should compile with 4.8.7 and also with
> > 5.4.1, 5.4.2 and 5.5.0, I figured that it links to libquazip.so, which is
> > in archivers/quazip. As quazip is linked to qt4 and installed to
> > /usr/local/lib, porting qcad to qt5 won't work as the qcad build-in
> > 3rdparty version doesn't get installed but the quazip port version is
> > used (resulting in a crash on start).
> >
> > To circumvent those problems, I made a patch against quazip to install it
> > to /usr/local/lib/qt4 and includes to /usr/local/include/qt5 for a new
> > port quazip-qt5 and fixed the old port to use qt4 and install to
> > /usr/local/lib/qt4.
> IIRC, we normally use the /qt4 and /qt5 directories for Qt itself.
For qt4, that's right, for qt5 I've posted the according patches to install
the libs there for testing. You may want to have a look at those patches too
as these seem to be more important in general to allow building and developing
with other qt5 versions on freebsd in general (I'm using that patch to allow
compiling qt from git to see where we run into future issues with the 5.5.1
and 5.6 branch)

> Looking at upstream's commit log [1], you might want to pull the latest
> commits there which make the Qt4 and Qt5 versions co-installable (I
> think the Qt5 version ends up being installed into include/quazip5 and
> the library is called libquazip5.so).
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/p/quazip/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/quazip/
I just had a look and a quick test for the current code. It's still named
libquazip.so if qmake is used, the changes in the lib suffix is in the cmake
build (which didn't work for me).

As Raphael already pointed to https://freshports.org/archivers/quazip it seems
the ports that depend on libquazip should move to a qt5 version sooner or
later anyway.

For simplicity as all upstream affected stuff isn't yet there, I would say stick
with the current solution and in the case of qcad just fix the qt4 stuff to make
it use either 4.8.6 or 4.8.7.

--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden