[kde-freebsd] patches for qt to fix portupgrade and other things

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Sep 7 22:03:52 UTC 2015

On Saturday 05 September 2015 13:46:50 Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Basically I just moved all Qt5 libs to /usr/local/lib/qt5 and added
> /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib again to the mkspecs.

I don't particularly have an opinion on what Ralf is trying to achieve here; I
*do* like the consistency of "qt4 stuff in one subdir of lib/, qt5 stuff in
another" simply because it takes away the somewhat arbitrary "favorite qt
version" and leaves plenty of room for a hypothetical qt6.

> against ports/head:
> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/mQcOj2STprxtbWM
>
> This updates qt-5.4.1 from FreeBSD head to move the libraries.

I used a later patch, as follows:

 - build qt5 from official ports with poudriere
 - install that qt5 in a virtuabox guest
 - check that qt5 libraries are in /usr/local/lib/libQt5*
 - apply patch to ports tree
 - portupgrade -R qt5
 - check that qt5 libraries are now in /usr/local/lib/qt5/

That much worked.

[ade]