[kde-freebsd] patches for qt to fix portupgrade and other things

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Sep 5 11:46:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

here I've two patches to fix the Qt problems with building and portupgrade
while a prior version is currenty installed.

Basically I just moved all Qt5 libs to /usr/local/lib/qt5 and added
/usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib again to the mkspecs.

The ports themselves need links to the required qt libraries, mostly those
that are in qt-base and split off to other packages, so the ports that needed
them have symlinks.

against ports/head:
https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/mQcOj2STprxtbWM

This updates qt-5.4.1 from FreeBSD head to move the libraries.

qt-5.5 branch:

https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/PFuWhCm0pJt12tH

With those patches, I could do a portupgrade -R qt5 to update from qt-5.4.1 to
qt-5.5.0.

Only using the qt-5.5 branch patch won't work, the portupgrade will fail just
like it does now. The qt-5.5 branch patch is a proof of concept that shows a
portupgrade -R qt5 is now possible.

What the patch also provides is afterwards:

- users can compile a Qt5 distribution themselves for development (that
doesn't work at all currently)

- multiple Qt Versions can be used for development (git, releases of different
versions)

- qmake programs automatically pick up /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include.

That fixes the QT bugs from rakuco and the GL/gl.h issues.

--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden