[kde-freebsd] Help with libalkimia + plasma5

Ramiro Caso ramirocaso08 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 22:38:13 UTC 2015

On 27/11/2015 18:00, T.C.Berner wrote:
> Hi Ramiro
>
> First of all, thanks for giving it a go :)

It's my pleasure.

> 1) You should not need to use any foo-git ports (the only needed one
>     is devel/kdevel-pg-qt-kf5).

That's good to know. I was meaning to give x11/yakuake-kf5-git a try, it
sounded more plasma5 friendly.

>     But if you do, then create a local distfile by issuing
> # make -DKDE_GIT_FETCH makesum
>     Unfortunately the distfile seems to change (even when checking
>     out the same commit as set in the Makefile), so makesum is required.

Thanks, this worked.

> 2) Try the patched version of finance/libalkimia in the PORTS of the
>     plasma5-branch (r11548) -- I added finane/kmymoney-kde4 too, as it seems
>     to be the only consumer of libalkimia, and therefore probably the one
>     you really wanted to install ^^...

Yep, that was my goal, thanks for the patched versions. I'll try it as
soon as I can.

>     [The issue here is, that kde4-related headers in plasma5 branch now
>      get installed to include/kde4 -- though I did only patch ports in
>      the area51 repo]
>     You should be able to patch any other offending ports by replacing
>      "include/foo" by "%%KDE_INCDIR%%/foo" in the pkg-plist.
>     [Maybe there are also some modification necessary in the FindFoo.cmake
>      and Foo.pc files of the offending ports].

Thanks again, I'll keep this in mind.

I've also noticed a couple of ports in the plasma5 branch that fail at
configure with my poudriere + plasma5 setup (they complain about missing
msgfmt), I can report on them when and if they fail again, if that is of
interest.

Thanks again for all the help. Best---Ramiro