[kde-freebsd] qt4 Won't Build

Anthony Jenkins Scoobi_doo at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 20:27:32 UTC 2015

On 06/11/2015 01:57 PM, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> I'm trying to rebuild all the qt4 ports before a rebuild of KDE.
>
> Getting the following error from qt4-moc:
>
> The target system byte order could not be detected!
> Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to see the final report.
> You can use the -little-endian or -big-endian switch to
> ./configure to continue.
>
> I tried building with gcc with the same results. Does anyone have a
> suggestion? I've searched the lists no no avail.
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD tom1.akherb.com 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #22 r283643: Thu
> May 28 02:42:17 AKDT 2015
> beech at tom1.akherb.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG  i386

When I've gotten this error, it means the qt4 build is picking up a
stray header file from a qt3 installation.  I've always had to

 - deinstall qt3 (and dependents)
 - build/install qt4
 - reinstall qt3 (and dependents)

It used to be called x11-toolkits/qt-copy or similar, but looking at my
current /usr/ports (r385044, circa 2015/04/27) I don't see it in there...

--
Anthony Jenkins