[kde-freebsd] Issue with Qt / SSL

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 16 15:28:49 UTC 2015

Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> writes:

> Hey, I noticed a problem with some Qt apps crashing here on PC-BSD,
> which uses LibreSSL. Specifically I traced the issue to Qt dynamically
> libressl.so from /usr/lib, causing quite a nasty segfault :P
>
> We are using the following patch to fix the issue in PC-BSD:
>
> https://github.com/pcbsd/freebsd-ports/commit/bcdf67898049e49a9cf1c7398c91c416445f8ea6
>
> Just wanted to pass this along, since you may want to patch this in
> FreeBSD ports as well. If you come up with a better solution, let me know.

Hi, Kris,

I'm still trying to understand the issue here. Was it so that a program
linking against Qt also linked against LibreSSL (installed in
/usr/local) tried to do some SSL work, which then caused Qt to load
OpenSSL from /usr? If so, doesn't your patch break the opposite case
(a program only links against OpenSSL from /usr, Qt then ends up loading
LibreSSL from /usr/local)? Or is PC-BSD controlling the environment so
that this is unsupported and not supposed to happen?