[kde-freebsd] powerd

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Dec 9 21:38:11 UTC 2015

On Monday 07 December 2015 20:13:12 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Sunday, December 06, 2015 a las 08:57:54PM +0100, Bengt Ahlgren
escribió:
> > On my home desktop computer (9.3-REL / KDE 4.14.3) I get the same
> > behaviour if I log in (through KDM) too soon after booting.  Just
> > waiting 5 secs or so before logging in is enough.  Perhaps dbus or hal
> > that hasn't started up yet?
>
> When it happened today, I saw no hald running at all after(!) killing
> KDE again. It should run because it is started at boot via /etc/rc.conf.
> I will add a test in ~/.xinitrc to see if hald is running before
> starting KDE. We will see.

In my case, it was because I didn't have hald_enable=YES in /etc/rc.conf. So I
logged out of KDE, switched to vt0, logged in as root, started hald by hand,
logged back in to KDE, and got no warning-message, and the power-management
KCM worked normally.

Inside a KDE session, you can check for hald (which is what powerdevil does
too) as follows:

	qdbus --system | grep -i hal

The output should be (at least):

	org.freedesktop.Hal