[kde-freebsd] Missing audio record device

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Dec 2 23:04:12 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 02 December 2015 14:55:39 Gene wrote:
> I can play sound with no problems.
> In settings>multimedia, audio playback lists the 'oss' device, while audio
> recording has no devices whatsoever.

Hunh. Now you mention it, I have the same. A "default" playback device listed
everywhere, and no sound when I hit the "test" button. But the mixer systray
thingy shows a whole bunch of audio devices that I didn't even know I had
(e.g. HDMI on the video card as an audio output).

Messing about with notifications, or changing the backend, does not seem to do
anything. No sound via KDE. But using vlc directly works fine. gst-play doesn't
seem to have any useful codecs installed here, so it does not. That might
impact the gstreamer phonon backend, but not the vlc one, which I also tried.

So, no, no troubleshooting tips, but a confirmation that it affects 4.14.3 on
10.2 too.

[ade]