[kde-freebsd] Trying to write qt5 applications on freebsd fails - qmake-qt5 doesn't include /usr/local/lib

Schaich, Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 9 00:52:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 12:59:15 -0700
Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write QT applications on freebsd. qtcreator works (dri
> bugs aside) and can generate qt4 applications fine. But, there are
> some things that don't exist in qt4 (like the qt4 opengl integration)
> - there's just stuff missing.
>
> Firstly - qt5 isn't autodetected by qtcreator. I think it's because
> qmake isn't in /usr/local/bin/ . Sigh.
>
> The stuff is there in qt5, but since qt5-qmake isn't including
> -L/usr/local/lib, things just fail to link. This means I can't build
> anything from source that I write locally. I've modified the Makefile
> to include /usr/local/lib and things compile/run, so at least the
> pieces are there.
>
> So - what's the deal? This makes FreeBSD wholly unsuited for doing GUI
> development on, and that kinda sucks.
>
> Thanks,
>

> -adrian

This commit tries to workaround the issue
http://src.mouf.net/area51/revision/?rev=10691

However we reverted it in
http://src.mouf.net/area51/revision/?rev=10838
because it broke PORTS. QMake is messing up the linker path orders and
ends up referencing the ${PREFIX} libraries instead of the build path
ones when upgrading Qt ports, which causes the upgrade process to fail.

Alonso