[kde-freebsd] Trying to write qt5 applications on freebsd fails - qmake-qt5 doesn't include /usr/local/lib

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 8 19:59:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to write QT applications on freebsd. qtcreator works (dri
bugs aside) and can generate qt4 applications fine. But, there are
some things that don't exist in qt4 (like the qt4 opengl integration)
- there's just stuff missing.

Firstly - qt5 isn't autodetected by qtcreator. I think it's because
qmake isn't in /usr/local/bin/ . Sigh.

The stuff is there in qt5, but since qt5-qmake isn't including
-L/usr/local/lib, things just fail to link. This means I can't build
anything from source that I write locally. I've modified the Makefile
to include /usr/local/lib and things compile/run, so at least the
pieces are there.

So - what's the deal? This makes FreeBSD wholly unsuited for doing GUI
development on, and that kinda sucks.

Thanks,

-adrian